Shoes, & a hot lunch date.

A post all about food & shoes...it just doesn't get much better than that!

Shoes first.

Harrison is building quite the little shoe collection. I have only gotten him 2 or 3 pairs off eBay, but he's inherited several pairs from friends. And then there are these very special members of his closet:



Aren't they CUTE?! My dad made them for Harrison when I was pregnant with him. They are very unique and of course super special and Mr. H has gotten tons of compliments on them!

Here he is modeling a couple of pairs:









And here he is SERIOUSLY fighting a nap, which for some reason he's been doing a lot of lately:



Now, on to food.

Harrison was in fine company yesterday afternoon. I met up with Lindsey, April, & Latrice, 3 super fab ladies I work with for a nice Mediterranean lunch. He and I were both glad to get out of the house after the last several days of gloomy weather. It was great to see the sun again. And great to catch up with my girls!


Harrison: the Ladies' Man

Luckily we made it there safely and without incident. I say that because we just got a new car and I'm not completely familiar with all of the settings. And I am lazy a serious procrastinator. And I hate pumping gas. And we almost ran out of gas. Why didn't the car let me know it was running on fumes, you ask? Well, it did. It started warning me about a week ago that it was getting low. And like I said, I'm a procrastinator. I got in the car today and about 2 miles down the road I looked down at the fuel gauge and saw this:

Hello?! Are you not paying attention to me?

And if that wasn't enough heads up, periodically a red flashing "low fuel" light comes on the dash. And you have to clear it to see the odometer. And it beeps. It's quite annoying, but I guess Ford thinks that their customers are a bunch of lazy idiots incapable of properly monitoring their fuel levels (who, me?). The screen that has the odometer on it also displays other various info, like Trip A, Trip B, average MPG, gallons of fuel used, etc. along with yet another warning:

Hey dumb@ss, you are about to run out of gas!

I guess I'm just used to my Honda that didn't require nearly as many trips to the pump. Luckily, after a near panic attack, I made it to the gas station before getting stranded on the side of the road. Yes, I learned my lesson and next time I won't be such a procrastinator. Or maybe I'll just strategically plan to need a fill-up when Rick is driving.... :)


And don't worry, both pictures were taken when the car was in park at the gas station.



Comments

Anonymous said…
he is such a doll..his shoes are great...watch that gas...love mil

Popular Posts