Happy Valentine's Day!

Hope you all had a fabulous day filled with lots of love (and hugs and chocolate and flowers and candy and kisses and did I say chocolate)!

Yesterday, we decided to be extremely daring and venture to the movies. With a baby in tow. Yep, we are officially those people, ha! In our defense, we were totally prepared to walk out of the theater the second Harrison became the slightest bit distracting to others. Even though I'm now a mom, I still cannot stand when parents are inconsiderate and ignore their noisy, bratty kids when out in public. Which is why it takes extreme measures for me to step foot in Walmart...

Anyway. Back to topic.

We went to the early bird matinee and tickets were half price. And I figured that since it was the first showing of the day, it wouldn't be that crowded, right? What I didn't consider is that it was a movie titled "Valentine's Day" on the weekend of Valentine's Day. Smart, huh? We got there 30 minutes early so I could reserve back row seats (you know, so nobody would witness it if my kid threw up all over the floor, ha!). He was sound asleep until about 2 minutes into the opening credits, go figure. But all of my stress was wasted effort because once he got his bottle, he was fast asleep again and didn't make a peep the entire movie. Except for one loud episode of flatulence, but I'm used to that seeing how I'm married to his father and all. Ha! Kidding! (not really).
 

  My Date #2

The movie was pretty good and I was so stoked to rejoin civilization after a pretty long week of being cooped up in the house. Anytime there are long periods of gloomy weather I tend to get stir-crazy, and the sun has been m.i.a. for weeks now. But, the mysterious ball of fire made its reappearance today. Harrison wasn't sure what to think about it.


What is that bright thing in the sky, Mom?
 

We started off the day at church. It was Volunteer Appreciation so we got to enjoy a free breakfast, and for me that consisted of about 5,000 calories of delicious pastry goodness. But it was free and for a good cause, so I was obligated to indulge, right? Right!

My mom so kindly offered to watch Harrison for a few hours this afternoon so Rick and I could have a lunch date. We enjoyed a fabulous meal at Las Haciendas (and yes, I do realize that a good portion of this blog revolves around eating, ha!). The last time we went there was the night before I went into labor. It's weird; it seems like a lifetime ago that I was pregnant and miserable, but seems like Harrison was just born yesterday.

How dare you leave me. Good thing I really like my Beda.

After lunch we went to Kemah. Since I am now jobless (or should I say unpaid), we are trying to be creative and find cheaper forms of entertainment. So we decided to walk around and visit all of the gift shops and boutiques that we've always driven past but never stopped in. And generally pretend like we are tourists in our own backyard, which is how I convinced Rick to let me take this picture in front of Kemah's historic schoolhouse:


 Good thing he did not grow up in that era, b/c I have a feeling he would be wearing a lot of this hat.


And now I'll leave you with a snippet of a conversation that just took place in our kitchen minutes ago.

Me: "Those are ROSES, Harrison! Always remember to buy the lady in your life flowers to make her feel special!"

Rick: "And Son, if you can't afford the fancy ones, you can always find free flowers in the cemetery."

Niiiiiice. And yes ladies, he's taken. Sorry to break your hearts. ;)

Comments

Anonymous said…
he was raised by his father and brother....harrison is getting so big... miss you all. mil
Rick said…
In my defense, I am just looking for creative ways to cut costs. If that involves stealing flowers from a cemetery, so be it.
Unknown said…
Wait a minute! Don't be blaming this incident on his brother! Because, honestly, it sounds just like something any one of them would say... so it couldn't be my Hubs' influence!

And BTW, he protests that he bought my roses!

From HEB, but he paid for them nonetheless.

On Valentine's Day morning, that is.

Hands off, ladies, he's allllll mine!

Popular Posts