37 Weeks

I was trying to do a post every 4 weeks but missed week 36 due to the floor fiasco and then Harrison's 4 days of strep and pneumonia...so here we are at 37w2d. This is most likely my last pregnancy post. I can't believe I'm finally here!!!!

I have mixed emotions because I'm crazy and hormonal. OBVIOUSLY I am ready to not be pregnant and sick anymore and feel human again. But there's also a little bit of sadness mixed in there that this will be my last time experiencing growing a sweet little life inside me! I'm so not one of those people who loves being pregnant and I most definitely don't glow. But what a miracle it is and I feel so blessed to have gotten to experience pregnancy 3 times. I'm going to miss feeling her moving inside me (even though lately it's gotten pretty uncomfortable!!). And I am certainly going to miss all the doting the kids (and hubster) do over my belly. I can't even count how many times throughout the day that one of them lifts up my shirt to hug and kiss their sister. They sing to her and tell her stories and it has been a ton of fun experiencing these last 9 months with them so involved.

I started having pretty strong contractions a few days ago and then had a complete freak out. You would think that by baby #3 I would know the drill and be comfortable with the whole process. But when I realized that I could possibly be going into labor at that very moment I flipped. I mean, I have a date set and she's not supposed to be here for 2 1/2 more weeks and I don't have everything washed and ready and packed and the car seat isn't even installed. She CAN'T come yet!!! And even though I've birthed 2 babies already I started having major anxiety that this child has to exit out of my body in one way or another. It's like I waited too long between babies and I'm a newbie all over again. What it really comes down to is my fear of not being in control. Ding ding ding. She's supposed to come on the date penciled in on the calendar. It's supposed to be orderly and planned out. If I make it to November 3rd she will definitely be born via c-section, but we said if she comes earlier on her own we will play it by ear and might decide to go the vbac route. Playing it by ear has never been one of my strengths. There are so many variables if she comes early...arranging last minute childcare, wondering if my doctor will be on call, worrying that my water is going to break when I'm out and about with the kids by myself, and still doubting our birth plan decision/lack thereof. BUT, I know all the details will work out and I know I just need to shut up and trust that God has it all taken care of.

It's funny because I was just saying the other day that I'm not sure I would even know what a contraction feels like. With Harrison I never really had any painful contractions until I was induced and then it was all in my back. With Harper, I was having contractions and had no idea until they hooked me up to the monitor once I was admitted to the hospital on bed rest. But I am definitely having them this time! Obviously for the most part it's been false labor, but I have a strong feeling she won't wait until November 3rd to make her appearance. At my 37 week OB appointment I was dilated to a 1 and the last few days I've been having massive pressure and painful contractions. They stay consistent for a while and then fade, so who knows when the real deal will be taking place, but I'm definitely feeling the pressure to get all the last minute preparations taken care of this weekend. I've spent a lot of the last couple of days feeling like my water is going to break at any moment. But who knows. She may just be teasing me and won't actually arrive until scheduled. Either way, we will be holding her in our arms in less than 2 1/2 weeks and I am SO excited!!!

As far as how I've been feeling...barf. That pretty much describes it. My urine screen came back with high ketones this week which means I'm not eating/drinking/keeping enough down, but I have come this far and I can definitely handle a couple more weeks!

I have to include a video of how crazy my stomach looks pretty much 90% of the day. She has been the most active out of all 3 of my babies. I seriously have no idea how some people never knew they were pregnant until delivery??? I have an anterior placenta and her movements are still this insane.




37w1d belly shot

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 37 Weeks

Size of baby: 6 1/2 lbs and 19 inches long (according to babycenter; but she was measuring 2 weeks ahead at last ultrasound so who knows)

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 27 lbs

Maternity Clothes: Haha.

Gender: a feisty little girl

Movement: She has been my biggest mover by far. See above video...

Sleep: Not great. I'm getting up 4 or 5 times a night to pee and have been having stress dreams lately that I'm in labor.

What I miss: bending over or sitting on the floor without it being a major ordeal

Cravings: cucumbers and blackberries

Symptoms: all of the super fun and sexy and glamorous symptoms that come with having a full grown baby inside of my body. I will spare you from the details :)

Best moment of the week: Realizing that we could be meeting her any day now! Dilated to 1 cm as of a few days ago and I've been having contractions ever since.



Comments

Popular Posts