Vacation: Day 5

Day 5 was our last full day/night in Red River. We wanted a low-key day and didn't have anything on our agenda. We ended up exploring the town, did a little shopping, and went for a hike on one of the nature trails. I even got out my good camera! Do you know how long it's been since I've gotten out my good camera?? It's sad, really. Anyway, my point is that I got out my good camera and actually took pictures with it, and that is my excuse for the following bajillion photos.


View from our balcony

If it wasn't 4 degrees outside I could have sat out there all morning

little red schoolhouse...so cute, right?
We went back to the ski area to look at the pictures the professional photographer took the day we were skiing. We didn't get a family shot that day so we had one taken while we were there. Here are the ones we decided to buy (pictures of pictures...and I'm so glad I took these because the prints got ruined today by a spilled glass of water):






one last picture of the ski area

We ventured to a hiking trail. So much fun. I grew up out in the country and used to hike and explore outdoors all the time. It felt good to be back in nature like that. It was a nice reminder that we should be a little more "outdoorsy" from time to time.





This boy and his expressions. I don't even remember what these were about but they sure do crack me up. Especially the second one.

Maybe I don't wanna smile, mom...

aaggghhhh! this camera lady is crazy!!!!
 
How I love this little boy...and the sweetness in the background

She insisted on using a walking stick even though I'm pretty sure it slowed her down :)







always eating snow




The trail ended at one of the lifts

of course his walking stick quickly became a guitar
sweet, sweet girl

Red River is such a neat little town. It's about 3 blocks wide and I'd guess about a mile long. They call it "Main Street in the mountains" and it definitely has that quaint charm. It looked like a town right out of a Hallmark Christmas movie. It was perfect!



 


This place surprised us...best food we had the whole trip
She wanted a picture with Santa outside one of the gift shops

After our hike, those kids were POOPED. They both fell asleep within 2 minutes of being back in the car. This was the only nap we got out of them the entire trip. Another reason to become more outdoorsy :)

 

We spent the rest of the day hanging out at our condo. Stayed in for dinner, had a movie night, and I soaked up every moment of quality time with my sweet family.

Rick's favorite Christmas movie
Harrison took this picture :)

a great end to a great day!



Comments

Popular Posts