Strawberry Fields Forever

This post is really starting to piss me off. I started it a week and a half ago and for some reason blogger was having issues and it wouldn't let me publish it. So then I added an entire spring break recap and went to save it and the whole thing vanished. Gone. Nowhere to be found. GRRR. But I'm determined to defeat the system so here goes attempt #3!

Last Saturday Rick and I took the kids to a local farmer's market where they have a strawberry patch you can pick your own strawberries from. We went last year and it is a fun tradition we plan to do with them every year. The weather was gorgeous and I couldn't have asked for a better day with my sweet family.











3, 2, 1, blast off!



We worked up appetites with all of the strawberry pickin' and produce shoppin' so we headed to a nearby park for a picnic lunch and to play.



And later that night we got to hang out with this new little fella:

Isn't he cute? I love his crazy hair!

Ashley, Joel, & Colt came to spend a few days with us over spring break. My kiddos loved meeting the baby and Harrison was in heaven having Joel around to play with. And Joel was such a good sport.
It doesn't seem that long ago he was holding Harper like this



Harper was very interested in Colt and kept trying to cover him up with his blanket. But when I picked him up to love on him she wasted no time making sure I knew that my lap was her spot. :)

I have to say that usually I get baby fever just being in the general vicinity of a newborn. But lately I'm happy just enjoying my friends' babies and haven't even entertained the idea of having any more any time soon. But then I walk in and see my hubby loving on a newborn and my uterus starts screaming at me to hurry up and have more babies already!!! Damn you, Rick. ;)


We hung around the house and played a lot.


And Joel read the littles a bunch of books which of course made Harper's day. He's getting so good at reading. It was precious watching this.

On Monday, Rick picked up Harper and took her with him to a lunch appointment so the rest of us could go see the Oz movie. The Wizard of Oz is probably my all time favorite so I knew I would enjoy the new one. Harrison was maybe a little young for it since it's not animated but overall he did great. And Colt never even made a peep...he's such a good baby. 6 of my 6th grade girls also came -- I had a lot of fun! I love going to the movies and rarely get the chance these days so it was definitely a nice treat.


On Tuesday, Ashley and I took the kids to the strawberry patch again so she and Joel could get some. This trip wasn't quite as fun for my crew though. Did you know it is THE END OF THE WORLD if you get mud on your boots? You didn't? Well it is. Just ask my pouty 3 year old. Harper wasn't happy either. She was not a fan of the mud and just not in a very good mood and kept dumping all of the strawberries out of her bucket so by the end I was carrying her and dragging her brother. But thankfully Whataburger saved the day. Oh to be a toddler. :)

Later that night I had a hot date with Mr. Kenneth A. Chesney! We were way up in the nosebleeds but still had a great time. Ashley volunteered to stay with all of the kids so we could cancel our babysitter. I told her she was equal parts sweet and insane.







Here are a couple of pictures she texted me while we were gone:

right before we left

The three stooges

Wednesday through Saturday we just played. Didn't go anywhere other than the park. Oh, and we made a pie with all of those strawberries we picked.



I think the kids might have liked it. Just maybe. Harrison kept asking, Mommy, is this sugar? I LOVE sugar! Ha!



Rick and I have been eating super healthy for the last couple of weeks. He's trying to lose some weight and I'm trying to take better care of myself since I don't think cocoa puffs and coke and chocolate chip cookie dough really qualify as nutritious. Haha. I used to be a lot better about eating right. I am really picky about what I let my kids eat most of the time and always make them healthy meals and snacks but lately I haven't been doing the same for me -- especially since a lot of nights Rick isn't home for dinner. Anyway, all this rambling to say that I have been out of my groove when it comes to all the work it takes to prep all those fruits and veggies and decided that since my birthday week officially started on Sunday I wanted a night off from being in the kitchen. We tried to pick somewhere somewhat healthy but that is hard when it also has to be kid-friendly (read: fast). So we settled on Bullritos. The kids love drawing on the bags. I think it's funny how different they are -- Harper is so precise and holds the pen like an adult while Harrison just grabs the marker with his fist and goes to town.





In case you are wondering, the red ink does come out of clothes and off of skin. And is apparently non-toxic since I caught Harrison attempting to color his tongue.


Here we are all decked out in our green for St. Patrick's Day.



Harrison had his first t-ball practice tonight so I will have to post about it soon. Oh, the cuteness.



Comments

Jocelyn said…
Y'all have been having so much fun lately! Good times!

Popular Posts