Summer nights.

Lately we've been spending a lot of evenings out in the backyard. It's been so.freaking.hot and by the end of the day we are a little stir-crazy from being stuck indoors. It makes for a long day and once the dreaded witching hour hits, the last place I want to be is in the kitchen with a cranky toddler under my feet. As the sun begins to go down a little it is actually pretty enjoyable as long as there's a breeze. Harrison will occupy himself running around while we grill and Harper loves sitting out in her swing in the shade. It's a win-win for all.

It's clear that these grown-ups want to keep my sand in a box for some reason. It's a conspiracy and I will not stand for it!

Jump! Jump! Or in Harrison-talk, "Da! Da!"

He is always eager to do prayer hands. Kinda makes my heart melt a little.


Amen!

I'm pretty sure he's eager to do prayer hands because he's eager to chow down. But it's hard to blame him with this deliciousness:


Nothing beats grilled steak, grilled corn on the cob, and grilled asparagus. Adding "grilled" in front of it makes it sound that much more appetizing, doesn't it? Mmmmmm!

My silly, filthy boy, whom I cannot get enough of:


With baked beans smushed on his eyebrow.

Nothing's funnier than putting a cup of milk on your shoulder, right? Or at least to Harrison.

I'm SO too cool for you, Mom.

Meanwhile, Rick and I take turns passing Harper around, because dinner time = her fussy time and she pretty much demands to be held. Doesn't that totally suck for us? Having to hold a sweet little baby? Life's just not fair, I tell you!


my matching sweethearts

Harper & Mommy

Back to Harrison, where he's signaling that he's "all done."




 Because there is still much fun to be had in the form of a water hose and sprinkler.







Oh, to be young again. 

Their joy in the simple things is something to be inspired by.

Comments

Popular Posts