Love

I wanted to share a few (dozen) pictures of my sweet valentines. I realize that it's picture overload but I just can't resist.

Here's my little Hare-Bear right before we left for school (but apparently before I brushed his hair, ha!).


I tried to get some good shots but my camera couldn't keep up with him.


In true Harrison fashion, that boy wouldn't hold still for longer than 2 seconds tops. 



And here is my sweet Harpie-Harp.
 

She can't sit still these days, either.


What? Who, me? 


Yes. My little wiggle worm, rolly polly, always on the go Baby Love.
 

 She also won't keep hair bows on any more. Sadness, I tell you, sadness.



What? Who, me? (notice how she's on the go...)


Yes, you. Now if you'd just grow some hair I wouldn't have to use those pesky headbands!
 


 I had to settle on doing separate photo sessions. Because this is all I got when I tried to get pictures of the Dynamic Duo together:











 



Boy do I ever love these two kids. I've been doing a lot of thinking on the subject of love this week. Partly because of Valentine's Day, but also because this week my bible study led me to 1 Corinthians where love is perfectly defined.

Love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful or proud; love is not arrogant or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable or resentful and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices in the truth. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.   (1 Corinthians 13:4-7)

I've heard this passage countless times in the past but it has been very convicting lately. Loving people better is something I'm trying to work on. If I were to replace "love" and "it" with "Kelsey" in these verses it would be sadly comical. Kelsey is patient? Kelsey is not proud? Kelsey is not rude? Kelsey does not demand her own way? Kelsey is not irritable??? Ha. Just when I think I couldn't love my little family any more than I do, I read this and realize I fail them every day. Obviously I love them tremendously. But love is more than the feeling of a full heart. It is a verb. It is a choice. It is a discipline.

In the context of this passage this love is to extend to the entire body of Christ, not just those we are closest to. Like I said, pretty convicting. If I struggle to humble myself before my immediate family, then I definitely have some work to do before I get to the place where I'm loving people outside my home the way I need to be. It's a little daunting to realize that I need to improve just about every one of those points. I'm so thankful Jesus loved perfectly for me so I don't have to carry the burden of falling short and I'm inspired by his perfect love to try better.


Comments

Unknown said…
They're adorable!

Love the shirts, too!

It's hard to love the way we're supposed to. Personally, I'm pretty easy to love. I'm never any of those things you mentioned. Rude and impatient and demanding, etc...

COUGH! COUGH!!!

Okay, maybe not. At all. I'm all of those things and more... and not very good at loving others as much as I love myself.

Something for me to work on, definitely.

Thanks for the reminder.

Popular Posts