If: Gathering

Guess where I'm going tomorrow night?! I'm super mysterious and put it as the title of this post, so I bet you have no idea.

Oh, you know, just the widely anticipated women's conference in Austin known as the If: Gathering. With fabulous leaders like Jennie Allen, Jen Hatmaker, Angie Smith, and Ann Voskamp, just to name a few. There are 8 of us girls from our church going and renting a house together. I can hardly contain my excitement over this great opportunity for worship, fellowship, girl time, and encouragement and renewal.

I still don't really know what the topic of the conference is about, other than "We exist to gather, equip and unleash the next generation of women to live out their purpose." But whatevs! Sign me up! A few of my favorite authors and great friends? I have no doubt it's gonna be fabulous.

Now to figure out what to wear. Yuck. I'm going to do my best and not let the high school insecurities come out. What is it about gathering with a bunch of women that feels so intimidating? Or maybe that's just me? I think we should all be required to show up in yoga pants and tennis shoes. You know, the typical mom uniform. 

Props to my awesome husband for taking a day off from work to stay with the kids so I can go. He's a smart cookie and I think he knows that he will be rewarded with a refreshed and happy wife. And also a new appreciation for her after flying solo with the kids for 2 days and 3 nights. ;)

Comments

Popular Posts