Chomp Chomp

Ashley is due to have a baby in less than 3 weeks (can't believe he's almost here!). We themed her shower around his madras alligator nursery bedding from Pottery Barn and it was a lot of fun to plan and put together.


I used my Cricut to make a banner. The sign is just a canvas I spray painted navy stripes on and then glued spray-painted letters on to spell his name. Hopefully she can use it in his room if she wants.
 
 
Guests filled out blessing cards for mom and baby.
 
Here's the diaper cake. the top and bottom layers are wrapped in burp cloths I made her and there are also 4 pacifier clips I made following this tutorial.
I also made a blanket that attaches to the infant carrier handle. I saw it on Pinterest and thought it was such a good idea! I don't know how many times I tried to cover the carrier with a blanket just to have it fall on the baby and wake them up.Plus, it keeps those nosey people with zero boundaries out of the newborn's face ;) Here is the tutorial I followed.
 
 
 
For the food we went with a "mini" theme. It was a brunch and we served yogurt parfaits in shot glasses, petite quiche, chicken salad croissants, s'more bites, pigs in a blanket, and mini cupcakes.
 



 
 
 
 
For favors we made cake pops and alligator & onesie cookies.

Ashley with the hostesses

My crew :)

Time to open her presents

Joel is going to be a great big brother!

Harrison feeling the baby

Looking forward to meeting baby Colt very soon!

 
{and on a side note, I am curious when other parents begin to explain the birds and the bees to their kids? Harrison is perceptive and quite inquisitive on the topic of pregnancy and I honestly had no idea I would be fielding questions this early. I kept hoping that he would be pacified by the generic mommies have babies in their bellies and then they're born! answer but he keeps digging. The other day out of left field he asked me, "Trees have seeds so more trees can grow. Soooo, do mommies have seeds, too, so they can make babies to grow?"   Holy cow, kid. You know how to keep your momma on her toes. I stammered a little and choked out, "well...uhhh...a seed...hmmm...yes. Yes. God gives mommies and daddies a special seed and helps the mommy grow a baby in her belly..." And then I quickly prayed for the conversation to be over, like, I don't know, yesterday. :) Rick and I try to be as honest as possible about things like this and have always used technical names for anatomy, but I am sooo not ready to use the technical name for this special "seed." HA! Why does it have to be so dang awkward???}


 

Comments

Popular Posts