A Plan

Yes! This. EXACTLY! I can relate to pretty much every single word of this and am looking forward to the challenge privilege. Anybody wanna join?


So often I find myself thinking the all too familiar cliche of "there aren't enough hours in the day." But I heard some simple yet powerful wisdom recently and it has rocked my world. God gives us exactly the perfect amount of time that we need in a day. Otherwise, He would have simply created more hours when He, you know, created time altogether. My problem is not that I don't have enough time. My problem is that I fail to prioritize that time the way I am called to. I give far too much attention to the things of this world that don't matter and am not spending enough time with the Lord. And it shows. In a BIG way. And it's not very pretty. So I am very much looking forward to the accountability of this challenge.

Here is an excerpt of a daily devotional that I recently bookmarked. A friend recently introduced me to Jesus Calling and instead of buying the book I downloaded the app onto my phone. I love it and if you are looking for a great way to start off your day you should check it out.

Time with Me cannot be rushed. When you are in a hurry, your mind flitters back and forth between Me and the tasks ahead of you. Push back the demands pressing in on you; create a safe space around you, a haven in which you can rest with Me. I also desire this time of focused attention and I use it to bless you, strengthening and equipping you for the day ahead. Thus, spending time with Me is a wise investment. 

Bring Me the sacrifice of your precious time. This creates sacred space around you -- space permeated with My Presence and My Peace. 




Comments

Popular Posts