I'm 29. And holding.

I turned 29 in March. I'm sort of meh about it because 29 is the age that everybody "holds at" but 29 doesn't feel so hot to me. I think 2 back to back pregnancies and breastfeeding and 3 years of no sleep has taken quite a toll on me. If this is the golden age that everybody wants to freeze I'm afraid of what's in my future. Ha!

Anyway, my Birthday Week was spent in Oklahoma preparing for my grandma's funeral. While obviously I wish the circumstances were different I am also grateful that I got to spend time with family and friends who I don't get to see that often. I got to hug my dad more than I've hugged him in years, got to catch up with grandparents and uncles and aunts and cousins, and got to spend some quality time with my childhood bff and her hubby, which is always a good time. I didn't really take too many pictures this trip but here are a few I got.


If she wasn't already his hero she is now.

Harper got to meet her great-grandpa

We made a trip to Bartlesville to see my grandparents
Rick flew in the night before the funeral. I was grateful that he was able to be there with me and drive us all back home. After a long week we took our time getting back and tried to make the best of the situation by doing a couple of fun things with the kids and staying overnight in Dallas.

We went to Arbuckle Wilderness. I loved going here as a kid. I'm a lot more afraid of the animals than I used to be. The Toddler, however, had no fear.

Feeding the "chicken." Ha!

Feeding the "sheep"

The view was better from up here
 We also ventured off to some of the "scenic turnouts" that have always peaked my interest but that we've never taken the time to stop at.

You mean I've been missing out on this breathtaking view my whole life??? Ha!
When we made it back home Mom & Tim had us over for dinner. She and Harrison made me my all time favorite cupcakes: Rainbow Chip. Seriously the best.

I think this was the only one he managed to frost before losing self control :)
My birthday-candle-blower-out-assistant

Two freshly bathed babies in my lap is all the gift I need
 My brother and I are 4 years and 5 days apart, so we usually celebrate together. We went to Saltgrass because their birthday cheesecake is to die for. Unfortunately for me, however, I am still not over my cheesecake aversion thanks to my most recent stomach bug after eating Valentine's Day cheesecake. Super sad face.

Harrison and his uncle, or as he calls him, "my mommy's brother"
Harper and her Beda

Originally we had planned to get a babysitter and go to dinner and see The Hunger Games premiere.  Then when plans changed and Ashley kept asking me what else I wanted to do. I didn't really care to do anything but a certain somebody wouldn't allow my birthday to go uncelebrated:

She's a sneaky one!

Since I wouldn't make plans she made them for me and then wouldn't tell me what they were. This girl always goes above and beyond for people and this time was no different. I woke up to find these little friends in my yard:
 


And then that night the doorbell rang and this was here to pick us up:

 

We drove down to Galveston and stopped at the seawall.





 


And I HAD to include these two pictures. Katie was showing off her night club cardio class moves :)




Then we goofed around with this weird statue. We are very mature if you can't tell.




When we stopped to drop Rick off to pick up the kids from my mom's house we let Harrison ride in the limo with us for the 2 mile ride back to our house. He thought it was the coolest thing ever.


Until I asked him to take a picture with me:

Um, take that cheese and shove it and then let me look out the window again!

There. That's better!

So blessed! 

Comments

Popular Posts