16 Weeks

16 week belly shot

Pregnancy Highlights:



How Far Along: 16 weeks (and a few days...yeah, I'm a little late with this post but that seems to be the theme of my life lately)


Size of baby: Chicklet is about 4 1/2 inches from crown to rump, or roughly the size of a large avocado. (mmmm...guacamole...)


Total Weight Gain/Loss: 10 lbs - yikes! This is a pretty big jump from my last month's dr. checkup which was about 1 or 2 lbs gain. The good news: I'm puking less. The bad news: I'm still feeling really puky so I'm eating every 2 hours to help keep from puking. Another scary statistic: I measured my waist today and it has already grown by 7 inches. Calm down, Chicklet, we're not even halfway there yet!


Maternity Clothes: Heck yeah! When I was pregnant with Harrison, I was mortified by the panel maternity pants and absolutely refused to buy any. Then, unfortunately, the rubber band method quit working for me seeing how every day they would spontaneously burst from the brute force known as my ginormous belly. So I begrudgingly waved goodbye to any sense of style I had left and came over to the dark side. And? Heavenly. This time around I am fully embracing the elastic. That's right, peeps, I have no shame.


Gender: A girl!


Movement: Her little flutters throughout the day make me smile every time.


Sleep: Can't seem to get enough!


What I miss: Having energy and motivation! I really need that nesting instinct to kick in...


Cravings: Still lots and lots and lots of orange juice. Probably why I've packed on the pounds.


Symptoms: Vomiting has eased up some (hallelujah!), but still feel nauseous all the time. I'm still really exhausted all the time, too. And my long lost buddy Mr. Heartburn has come back to visit lately.

Best Moment this week: Seeing Chicklet do somersaults in 4D and finding out that we are going to have a daughter!



Comments

Popular Posts