Living Up to the Legacy

My laptop died. Which is part of the reason I haven't been posting much lately. I'm using Rick's laptop now, but all of my pictures are on mine. Thankfully they are all backed up, but I'm waiting to get it fixed or replaced before I upload any more and until then, I don't have easy access to any photos. So for now I will just finish up all the dozens of drafts I have waiting to be published. I'm clearly a slacker. And now I think after opening these drafts up I may cry that my Hadley Hoo is not a newborn squish any longer!! It really does go by so fast. Sob.

****

Harrison and Harper both have quite the collection of poop stories in the books and I would be remiss if I didn't document Hadley's as well. The kids love hearing all about their stories. They giggle and giggle each time. Apparently poop is very, very funny.

Or at least until you're a little too close for comfort.


what in the heck was that noise??
that wasn't what I think it was, was it??

oh man, I'm starting to get a whiff...

Abort, abort! Mission Hold-the-Baby has ended in disaster!

There is just nothing like those first few weeks of newborn poops. You wonder how something that tiny can produce something of such great magnitude. And Hadley decided to kick it up a notch and demonstrate the forcefulness of her bowels sans her diaper. It was AWESOME. You should be very jealous that your weren't here for that lesson in physics. Good thing I took a picture of it for you!



I literally had her diaper off for 3 seconds when she did that to me. I'm not sure you can tell from this picture, but poop shot 4 feet across the room and landed all over her crib and carpet. That is talent, folks. It still replays through my mind in slow motion. It was one of those moments where you just freeze because you have no idea what to do or where to start the damage control. I picked her up and yelled for Rick to bring me a towel...and then she started peeing all over the place too. Super Fun Times! Definitely one of those memorable moments that will be retold to her teenage boyfriends. :)



Comments

Popular Posts