32 Weeks

I am 32 weeks (well, almost 33 since I'm a little late getting this posted). Not much longer! Some days I feel like it's going to be here in no time and other days I'm not sure how I'm going to make it another 7 weeks. I have definitely regressed and am feeling pretty miserable again. Better than in the beginning where I couldn't get out of bed, but definitely worse than I was last month. I am trying my best to savor these last weeks since I know it will be the last time I'm pregnant. But it's hard. Even when I'm not throwing up, I feel like throwing up the majority of the day and my energy is definitely waning. I feel like HG has robbed me of so much joy. I hate how depressing and whiny I sound. I should probably wait to write this until the morning since the mornings are when I feel my best! But then I don't really want to waste time on the computer when I'm feeling decent enough to get things done.

I had an ultrasound around 30 weeks and Hadley is measuring 2 weeks ahead. My OB said they won't change my due date and that I just get to be one of the lucky ones with a larger than average baby. Which is fine with me, because boy do I love chubby babies! It doesn't make for a very pleasant final stretch of pregnancy but as long as she gets here healthy and full term I am a happy and thankful mama. She was head down, but is still not done flipping around and was back head up at my last appointment on Thursday. I can always tell how she's positioned based on her hiccups. He said that they don't worry about being breech until 35 weeks, and then if she still hasn't flipped by 37 weeks then c-section and version discussions take place.

It most likely won't be an issue though, because I think we've decided to go with a planned c/s. If my water breaks or I go into labor before 39 weeks I will consider a vbac, so we'll see what happens. I'm trying not to have set expectations either way. I would honestly love another vaginal birth because I HATED my c-section, but I'm nervous about the risk associated with uterine rupture. My OB said that 99% go fine with zero issues, but for that 1% it is usually catastrophic. I've been in that small statistic group a lot in pregnancy (placenta previa = 0.5% and HG = 1%) so I don't want to be quick to brush off the risk, even though it's small. I tried to get my doctor to make the decision for me but he refused. The nerve! Ha. He told me that there is no risk-free option and we had to decide which risks we were most comfortable with. He said he's seen vbacs go horribly wrong but he's seen sections go wrong as well. But ultimately, I think I'm more comfortable with the risks and discomforts of a c/s since the risks are for the mother and not the baby, whereas vbacs are safer for mom but riskier for the baby. I think what really made the decision for me was a story I've been following about a friend of a friend. I've been praying for God to help guide my decision and then the next day I saw my friend's prayer requests for her friend who just had a baby. She recently went into labor with her son and her uterus ruptured at the last minute (I don't know if it was a vbac or not). Their baby went without oxygen for too long while the doctors raced to get him out surgically. Thankfully mom and baby survived, but their sweet boy is still in the NICU and is unresponsive weeks later, and scans show severe brain damage. So, so heartbreaking. I know God already has Hadley's life planned out so I'm doing my best not to worry and have trust in Him.

What else is new this month? I've been nesting like crazy. And not just getting the baby's room ready. I have been feeling this crazy desire to overhaul my entire house. The good news is I'm feeling too crappy to do everything I want to do, so I'm sure Rick's happy about that. :) One night I was looking at the kitchen floors and I suddenly felt like the world was going to end if the grout didn't get cleaned right that instant. All the sudden I felt like I was living in filth and HOW IN THE WORLD CAN WE BRING A BRAND NEW BABY HOME IN THESE DEPLORABLE LIVING CONDITIONS??? I'm extremely rational, in case you were wondering. I've done what projects I can and Rick's honey-do list has also grown quite a bit too. He's been a trooper about it. We hung a gallery wall in our hallway that I've been meaning to get up for over a year. We hung all the stuff up in the girls' room. He changed out a bathroom faucet and put up a new shelf in our bathroom. We have a few more things on our list and it's feeling good to be getting some home improvement projects done!


32w5d belly picture


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 32 Weeks

Size of baby: 3.75 lbs and 16.5 inches long (according to babycenter; I didn't write down her ultrasound measurements)

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 21 lbs

Maternity Clothes: It is depressing how many clothes no longer fit me. My belly is getting huge and 90% of my maternity shirts are turning into reeeeally flattering crop tops.

Gender: Still a girl...confirmed 4 times via ultrasounds so I think we're safe :)

Movement: Insane. Not even kidding. I love it but sometimes it is super creepy how far out her foot will kick.

Sleep: Getting up about 4 times a night to pee and a few times I've even woken up mid-vomit triggered by acid reflux. Always fun. But at least I don't have problems getting back to sleep quickly.

What I miss: Feeling normal and not sick.

Cravings: Nothing really. I've been eating a lot of fresh fruit lately but not sure I would call it a craving.

Symptoms: Vomiting, never-ending nausea, heartburn, leg cramps, and started getting really short of breath the last couple of weeks. 

Best moment of the week: Harper's hilarious and creepy "what-if" stories about childbirth. They deserve their own post so I'll try to write about them soon. That girl is a HOOT. 

Comments

Popular Posts