Guess What I Wore Yesterday?

A smile!



And a little makeup! And I fixed my hair! And got dressed! They might be baby steps, but I count it as a huge victory considering I have not done any of these things more than a few times over the last 2 months.

I finally got the courage to take the steroids my OB prescribed me after putting it off since I hate the thought of taking meds while pregnant. But after yet another terrible episode of dehydration and home health sending me to the ER, I decided it was in both mine and the baby's best interest to take them. And it seems like they are helping a little! Yesterday was the first day in a long time where I felt halfway human. It only lasted for a few hours, but it was a much needed reprieve and a refreshing reminder that this IS temporary and I WILL feel like my old self again one day. It was the first time I've felt well enough to actually take the kids to school in ages. After we dropped off Harrison, Harper and I even ventured to Target. This was the first time I've been inside Target (or any store for that matter) in 6 weeks...and that right there says it all. :) The weather yesterday was so unbelievably gorgeous. I spent some time outside with Harper watching her water the flowers and trees and just soaked it all up. It was just the encouragement my soul needed.

Tuesday I had an OB visit and we saw the baby on an ultrasound and heard the heartbeat. Harper was in awe and was so adorable. Harrison didn't really even bother to look up from his Star Wars game. Ha! Such a difference in personalities. The ultrasound tech was super sweet and friendly. She looked at the gender and at first her guess was 80% girl. But then a few other angles made her doubt herself and she changed it down to 50/60%. Still too early to tell on ultrasound, but the blood results should be back next week. I honestly don't care either way, especially since we already have one of each. Of course Harper wants a sister and Harrison wants a brother, but they both said they'll be happy no matter what they end up getting.

The baby looked great and was wiggling around on the screen. Our little Nugget is measuring a week ahead. It is so true what they say about HG...even when you are terrified that there's no way the baby can possibly be growing at the right rate based on the fact that the momma is losing weight and not keeping anything nutritious down, those little fetuses are quite parasitic. The heart rate was 166 bpm. Both Harrison and Harper were exactly the same at 156.25 bpm...hopefully this doesn't mean that Baby #3 is going to be even more hyper and crazy because we definitely have enough of that going around already!




dressed the part to see their new sibling. (and it was Silly Sock Day at school)

And since I did periodic pregnancy posts with the other two, I'm hoping to document this one as well. I don't know how consistent I'll be but it is neat to go back and read about how each pregnancy has been so different.

I'm officially 13 weeks today and finishing out the first trimester. The baby will be here in almost exactly 6 months. I would say my bump officially popped around the 10-11 week mark. This is also when I started feeling the first flutters. I've always felt movement faster than average -- I felt Harrison at 16 weeks and then Harper at 12 weeks. It really is one of the best feelings in the world and probably the only thing I enjoy about being pregnant!

12w6d belly shot

Pregnancy Highlights: Seeing Nugget and hearing the heartbeat. Feeling miserable...but surviving! Supportive friends and family. Belly kisses from the kids and hubster.

How Far Along: 13 weeks

Size of baby: About the size of a large peach.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: So far I've lost 12 lbs. 

Maternity Clothes: Lately it's just been t-shirts and pj pants. I haven't found my maternity clothes yet but I need to. Not sure if they are crammed up in the attic or if I loaned them out to someone and never got them back. I had to buy a maternity shirt and pair of shorts yesterday at Target but hoping I can get by with maxi dresses throughout the summer to save some $$.

Gender: We will find out next week! When I first found out I was pregnant I leaned more toward boy. Now I'm leaning more toward girl. I honestly have no idea this time. I had a strong intuition about Harper but don't have a particular feeling this pregnancy.

Movement: Been feeling consistent flutters for about 2 weeks now.

Sleep: Terrible. I am my sickest at night and have also been having insomnia issues. I do a lot of pleading with God asking Him to please just help me get to sleep so I won't be stuck lying there feeling completely aware of my misery. But the silver lining is I've had lots of time to improve my prayer time.

What I miss: My life! Feeling like myself. Being a good wife and mother and friend.

Cravings: No big cravings this pregnancy. It's more what I can remotely tolerate. My "safe" foods for the most part have been macaroni and cheese, nilla wafers, white rice, and oatmeal.

Symptoms:Vomiting, dizzy spells, weakness, heart palpitations, dehydration. This pregnancy has been so different than with my HG pregnancy with Harrison. I am able to keep some foods down, but my biggest struggle is liquids. Before I got pregnant I could easily drink a gallon of water a day. Now the thought of taking a sip of water makes me gag. So if I want to keep food down, I can't drink anything with it. For liquids I'm averaging maybe a can of Dr. Pepper a day and try to keep down ice chips in between. Hence the need for IV fluids.

Best Moment this week:My OB appointment on Tuesday and then yesterday where I felt decent for a couple of hours.




Comments

Popular Posts