Fifty Shades of Gray (on my head). And other randomness.

I decided to chop off my hair again. This is what always happens...I start to grow it out and then realize my hair is way too thick and heavy when I grow it out and then I cut it off again. My friend Amy is usually who cuts and styles my hair but she was still on maternity leave (I am dying to meet Miss Savannah so my family's immune systems need to really get with the program already!). This was the second time I went to another stylist while I'm waiting for Amy to get back. As she was hi-lighting my hair she blurted out, Have I done your hair before? I didn't think I had but now that I'm getting to all this gray it is totally jogging my memory. I definitely remember all this gray! You just don't look like someone who would have so much gray hair but then I got to your sides and here it all is! I think there may possibly be a compliment of some sort in there somewhere? Maybe? Ha!


Thank God for hair dye...

****

Last week Harrison treated his sister and me to Whataburger with his gift card he got in his stocking. He was so stoked to buy us lunch. And both of the kids had a blast swiveling in their "grown up" chairs. You'd think they would want to go to Chick-fil-A where they can play on the playground but they were happy as larks twisting in the chairs. It's the simple things.



****

In other very exciting news, my baby girl is becoming a BIG girl. I think she has decided to potty train herself. She keeps taking her diaper off any chance she gets and repeats tee-tee, poo-poo over and over until I let her go on her little potty. She has gone #1 numerous times and #2 twice on there over the last couple of days. She gets so excited (and so do I) and claps and yells "yaaaaay!". It's crazy to me because we just got Harrison fully trained less than 3 months ago. She's only 20 months old and it seems kind of young but I am definitely seizing this window of opportunity. Wish us luck!

Look, Mom! Poop!

****

Stacie had her baby last week. Scarlett Anne made her debut on Wednesday and she is absolutely precious, just like her big sister and brother. Abigail came over to play the day before she was born and it was so cute seeing the girls play together. They kept kissing their princesses and were loving on their dolls and it's just neat to see how differently they interact than how boys do.



****

Harper found out that markers don't taste very good. Thankfully it was not a sharpie that she experimented with.






****

Sydney, who is now usually referred to as Rick's Dog, Bad Dog, and/or SYYYYDNEEEEY!!!!!, has been acting out in her old age. Y'all. She has been through obedience school twice. You used to be able to leave a steak unattended within her reach and she wouldn't even think about touching it. Now she seeks to destroy things any time we leave the house. Recently she got our pantry door open and ate an entire bag of brown sugar and chewed through boxes of food to get to their contents. This is what we found after returning from a 5-minute walk to the mailbox a couple of days ago. She got the kids' backpack off the table, unzipped it, pulled a lunch box out of the bag, unzipped it, got the lids off of the tupperware and ate the leftover food, got my wallet out and unzipped it and ate an entire package of gum (foil papers and all), chewed through the squeezie pouches and squeezed out and ate all of the applesauce, and who knows what else she devoured that she didn't leave any evidence of behind. She obviously has a digestive system of steel. Harper was NOT happy when we walked in the door. She is a little  OCD and doesn't like messes and cried and pointed saying "uh-oh! uh-oh! uh-oh!" over and over until I cleaned every last piece up.




****

Someone who isn't OCD? This boy. This is how he eats donuts. This is pretty much how he eats everything.


But I can't really blame him for devouring his chips and dip. Who doesn't do that?


Even Sister overlooks her anal-retentive tendencies in order to throw down on some yummy queso.



****

Brandy was off work on MLK Day so we took the kids to the zoo. So did the rest of Houston. But we still had fun...even when we were getting on to the kids every 3 seconds. :) We felt it quite necessary to end the trip with treats from Sonic. Because why wouldn't you want to sugar up a bunch of overstimulated kids before you drive back home? Ha!




****

And last but not least, have you ever dated someone where you lost interest in them and so every little thing they did bugged you? Well Rick has a friend that I'm assuming was in this type of relationship. I say this because one of the reasons he was considering breaking up with her was because......wait for it........she had a crease on her chest after she woke up in the mornings. I seriously laughed so hard when he told me about it. I mean, come on. Who even notices things like that?! (Except I totally started noticing when I would wake up with one and it started really messing with my head. Thanks a lot, Rick's friend, for fueling a ridiculous insecurity b/c I definitely didn't have enough of those before. Ha!) Well, apparently lots of other people worry about this problem, too, because I saw this advertisement in a magazine the other day. It's a really good thing my boobs disappeared after having kids so I don't have to worry about this dire situation any longer. :)



Comments

Popular Posts