15 Months

Harper turned 15 months old on Friday.

15 Months

I haven't done a monthly post since she turned 1, so I figured since we just got new stats at the doctor I'd write an update on her. The well visit went really...well, well. In fact, her doctor made the comment that this was her best checkup to date and that he is very happy with all the progress she's made. Not that he was worried about anything specifically, it's just that her first year was kind of a rough one, medically speaking. Nothing like a great report from your child's pediatrician to put a huge smile on your face, an extra pep in your step, and an overwhelming desire to thank Jesus!  

She weighs 21.8 lbs. (30th percentile) and is 29 1/2 inches tall (18th percentile). 

I tried to get a picture of her in sitting in her chair with a sign like all of the other monthly pictures we've done, but somebody was in a feisty mood and wanted nothing to do with sitting in her chair next to a sign (as if you couldn't tell from the picture up there, ha!). Further evidence of her level of cooperation:

Oh jeeeeez, Mom! Enough with the pictures already. You are so lame.
And boring. I forgot to mention boring.

But it's okay. I think I prefer the standing-in-the-chair-with-the-crazy-face picture anyway. It totally captures her silly personality at this age!

So Harper, what are you up to these days?

First things first: you are now officially walking!!!! You took your first steps on July 10 but just really started taking off over the last couple of weeks. You are still doing a mix of crawling and walking but are so proud of yourself after you walk across the room. I'm pretty sure there is nothing cuter than when a toddler starts toddling. Love it!





You also still really enjoy climbing. I, however, do not enjoy your climbing.

But Mom, all the cool kids are doing it!

You are sleeping so great at night. You hit the pillow and are out within 30 seconds. Most nights you are ready for bed by 7...which would be nice except you seem to think you only need 10 hours of sleep. Sorry honey, but I'm not okay with you being up for the day before 6am. We've been trying to stretch your bed time to 8 or 9 but you still rise with the roosters no matter how late we tuck you in. And naps? Ha. You average maybe 30 minutes a day. You just apparently don't require much rest. And I have no idea who you get that from. (I'm sure your grandma is happy to know I'm getting paid back!)

BUT I DON'T WANT TO TAKE A NAP!!!!


You ADORE your brother. Wherever he is, you are. When he's napping you sit outside his door whine and knock. You love to play trucks and trains and tractors and ball with him...now if you both could master the art of sharing we'd be good to go. :) He can make you laugh harder than any of us. He adores you as well and it makes my heart so happy to see you two being sweet to each other.

Carpooling

Your lungs seem to be getting better. You've only gotten sick twice since your birthday and we've only had to do the breathing treatments for about a week each time so that's a huge improvement. I so pray that this is a sign you are growing out of all of your respiratory issues!

My sick, snuggly, sweetie pie


A few other things about you at this age that I want to document:

You are saying several words: hi, bye-bye, cracker, uh-oh, go, no, bath, Mama, Dada, Bubba, Harper, Mamaw, Papaw, puppy, kitty cat ("cat-cat"), thank you ("day doo"), ball, boo. I haven't taught you very many signs but you do know how to sign please, more, all done, night-night and my very favorite, I love you. 

You love to "sing" and dance along with your brother.

You love to shake your head no at us when we ask you to do something. Your will has been getting a little stronger these days and I don't like it. Ha! 

You are afraid of animals. Which I find odd considering we live in a zoo and also considering your genes (I grew up rescuing every stray I could find and my childhood dream was to become a vet). You love our pets but are seriously scared of other people's pets...even the tiny ones. 

You are a great eater. Seriously, you shovel it in with both hands. You don't play games. I feel like I spend 80% of my day preparing food for you and cleaning up the kitchen, but I'm not going to complain because I'm really grateful that you love most foods. Some of your favorites: veggie pouches, carrots, blueberries, yogurt, tomatoes, and crackers. 

You have 8 teeth. 4 on top and 4 on bottom. 

Your feet are finally growing. You've stayed in a size 2 (3-6 mo) for forever and just within the last week you've hit a growth spurt. You skipped right over size 3 and are now in a size 4 (9-12 mo).

You have developed quite a little temper. I was surprised by this because I was certain you inherited your Daddy's laid back nature. You were supposed to inherit your Daddy's laid back nature! But holy moly can you throw some serious tantrums if you don't get what you want when you want it. Again, I have no idea who you get this from. ;)

Your nicknames are Sissy, Little Sis, Sister (clearly I'm creative and original), Harpie Harp, Harper Girl, and your dad and brother call you Burrito or Bito (shortened from Harpito Burrito from your swaddled days -- don't worry, I'm trying hard to get the burrito reference to die, ha). 

You give kisses and hugs all the time and it never, ever gets old. Oh how I love your slobbery sweetness!

You are full of life. You wake up ready to go and you go all. day. long. You are silly. You are sweet. You are spunky. You are so much fun!












Harper, you are radiant sunshine in our lives. 15 months later and I'm still in awe of the plans God orchestrated for our family when He entrusted us with you. You are a gift and we treasure you every single day. Love you, love you, LOVE YOU!



Comments

Popular Posts