A Date? What's that?

It's been a while since Rick and I have gone on a date. In fact, these days it's rare if we go anywhere. Or get out of sour-smelling PJs (we used to change when we got vomited on. Now, not always. Our hygiene standards have hit an embarrassing low. Don't judge!). Much less have an occasion that requires makeup and a flat iron. Needless to say, a date was much needed.

So THIS is what presentable looks like...


Enter the grandparents. Rick took it upon himself to volunteer them for babysitting duty. He's polite like that. ;) Good thing they don't mind hanging out with Harrison and happily obliged.




We really didn't do much but go to dinner. Where we highly overindulged. We had a gift card and felt compelled to spend every penny of it in one visit. Which meant we just had to get an appetizer, entrees, and dessert. Oh, and I got to enjoy a beer for the first time in almost a year! Delightful.


Cheers to date night! And to apple cobbler!


He's so intimidating with that spoon.


Pretty obvious that I got ready in 20 minutes, ha!


It's funny, I am always blaming Harrison for how quickly I scarf down my food. He always seems to know when Mommy is trying to eat and doesn't seem to like it very much. Well tonight I realized that maybe I am just using him as an excuse. Because he was nowhere in sight and I still managed to inhale my food at an amazing speed. Oink oink!

A BIG thanks to Mom and Tim for allowing us a much needed date night to reconnect. With *gasp* limited talk about baby stuff. Okay, not really. But it was still a great night!

Comments

Popular Posts