Bobo update & other blurbage.

Well, we survived the first night of Bobo Boot Camp. I guess you could call it a success considering he slept without them. But...success isn't really the word that comes to mind considering he sobbed until 11pm when I finally broke down and let him sleep in our bed. Poor guy. He only asked for them a couple of times and understood that they weren't coming back from the mailbox. But he sure was sad. We comforted him as much as we could and then we just had to let him cry it out a little. It was pretty heartbreaking for me to hear Mommy, come back! Mommy, I need you! Mommy, hold me. Momma, I want to snuggle with you. MOMMY, DON'T LEAVE ME IN HERE! I NEEEED MY MOMMY!! over and over. I seriously wanted to sob right there with him on the other side of the door. I have a hard enough time letting babies cry it out...I didn't realize how much harder it was when they know how to talk! He's never been the cuddly type so him craving this affection and comfort from me is new -- he even asked me to rock him before his nap today. I'm enjoying that part of it, I won't lie ;)
Here is my big boy saying one last goodbye before mailing off his bobos to "Baby."

Today he sobbed for an hour at nap time. I took this video with my phone and do you not see why I am such a sucker? I love this kid even when he's covered in tears and snot. (btw, I totally did take him up on his request to snuggle. He let me rock him to sleep for the first time since he was probably 2 months old and I certainly did treasure every second of it.)


In other news, I have been such a bad blogger lately. Actually, I kind of feel like I've been bad at life lately. But that is a blog post for another day (if I actually wrote blog posts any more). I'm just trying to remind myself that this is just a season of life and things will eventually get easier. And when they do I'm sure I will be looking back wishing I could rewind time because that seems to be how I roll.

One of the many reasons I've been "slacking" lately is because my house seems to be a constant cesspool of germs. Harper spiked a 103.5 fever the weekend before last and it lasted 3 days, but she didn't have any other symptoms. It broke and she seemed fine, then I came down with a stomach bug a day later. The next day, Harrison was extra whiny and I kept asking him if his tummy hurt. He kept saying no, but then right as I picked him up he did this over my shoulder and down my back:

What? You mean you didn't want to see a picture of my kid's vomit?

He was fine the next day and we made it through Easter symptom-free for the most part. But then Harper spiked another fever Monday night and we spent Tuesday morning at the doctor. She has a ruptured ear drum and a cold virus that triggered all of her respiratory issues once again. My poor baby girl can't seem to catch a break.

Even though I am behind I am recommitting to blogging better. I have about 10 drafts I've started but haven't finished because I'm either not in the mood to sit down and finish or I'm too lazy to upload pictures or I'm busy, you know, cleaning up puke. Sometimes it seems like another burden on my plate but I need to stop thinking of it as a chore. I already treasure being able to go back and look at our lives over the last few years and I know I will appreciate looking back even more when my kids are older. So be prepared to see some outdated, irrelevant-to-anybody-but-me posts on here soon. Ha!


Speaking of reminiscing about old times, one year ago tomorrow marks the anniversary of when I was admitted into the hospital on bed rest with Harper. I was exactly 31 weeks pregnant and scared to death to have her over 2 months early...definitely not wishing to rewind time to those hard 3 weeks of anxiously waiting for the time bomb in my uterus to detonate. It totally blows my mind that it has only/already been a year! I can't figure out which surprises me more, the only or the already.


And before I wrap up my ramblings, I thought I'd share just one of the many reasons I will never reach the status of Super Mom. On Saturday, Harrison fell asleep in the car and when we got home he half-way woke up and mumbled that he wanted to lie down on the couch instead of in his crib. I agreed and down he went. Meanwhile, Rick, Harper and I went out to the driveway to talk to a friend who stopped by to drop something off. We were out there for 5 or 10 minutes tops and when we came back inside the couch was empty. Rick and I looked at each other with that concerned oh no! We have totally been duped by a toddler! Where is he and what level of destruction are we going to be dealing with here?! look that only parents of toddlers can understand. We were justified in that exchanged glance because this is where we found our mischievous tot:

you thought I was sleeping? Gotcha!

Why yes, that is a fully clothed (shoes and all) 2 year old left completely unattended in the bathtub. Go us!

And then, in the midst of cleaning up the flooded floors and our soaking wet child, we momentarily left our other child unattended. Rick walked back into our bedroom and found her playing with a pair of scissors. Baby with a deadly weapon? Score!

That's right, folks. The Parents of the Year award goes to us for sure!

We are winners.



Garcia Family said…
So sorry about your all the germs going around your house! Sounds terrible! Can't imagine what you must have been going through. Hope it's going uphill by now! Miss you!
Anonymous said…
my poor babies have to live with you can u be such good parents when this happens... you are human and kids do stuff.. get over it you two do a great are sneaky... blink and watch out.. sorry they gave u so much trouble after we left... they were angels while we were there... they must want mamaw...ha ha try to have a better day and not be so hard on yourself and watch them they will get to all ask your sister in law about sneaky sick kids...they all must take after you girls sides...
Anonymous said…
one other thing... how could u let my boy cry like that... you must have a heart of stone... i could never do that.. so sad to see him like that and harper crying in the background... they have your number... love ya anyway mamaw
Jocelyn said…
What a heart-breaker... I would have snuggled with him too!
Tienna said…
My heart = one melted puddle of love for that kid. Both those kids. I could hear Harpy-harp jabbering in the background too. *sigh* Can't wait to be down there.
Tracye said…
Awwww. Not fun for anybody.

Hopefully it will pass soon.

Popular Posts