Merry Christmas!

As usual, it has been an incredibly busy season. You know, endless Christmas shopping, parties to go to, cards to send out, oh, and pop out a baby. Just your ordinary year, I suppose. Ha!

For obvious reasons, this Christmas was very special for us this year. At only 3 weeks old, it was Harrison's first. And our first as a family of 3. And I feel like it flew by in a blink of an eye. It was exceptionally chaotic, but in a blissful kind of way.

Christmas Eve was Harrison's first public appearance. We took him to the Christmas Eve service at our church, and he loved the music! I was afraid it was going to be too stimulating for him, but he seemed to really like it.



Later that night we got in our jammies and slept in the living room by the tree. Rick and I have been doing this for years (silly, I know, but there is something magical about waking up Christmas morning next to the tree and cozy fireplace. And yes, I realize that I am a grown adult, ha!).



We have a few family traditions that we started when we got married. Every Christmas Eve, the very first gift we open is a Bible that I wrap in plain brown paper ever year. We read the story of Christ's birth together to remind us what Christmas is really all about - minus the pretty paper, shiny bows, and all the other materialistic hoopla that sometimes gets in the way. Then we exchange our 3 gifts: an ornament to serve as a reminder of something special that year, a new pair of PJs, and a homemade gift. I'm so glad that we do this for each other - it really makes gift giving so much more fun and meaningful!

On Christmas morning, we made french toast and bacon, snuggled by the fire, and helped Harrison open his gifts.



Christmas with my family was at my mom and stepdad's house this year. It was a full house - my grandparents, uncles, aunt, cousins, brother, and MIL were all there. Everybody was excited to meet Harrison!

First, Harrison took turns hanging out with his great grandparents.

Great Gramps


Great Grandma


Then, he was passed around from cousin to cousin!


Cousin Addison

Cousin Hunter


Cousin Stephanie


Cousin Michelle


We drew names this year and also played White Elephant, which is always a lot of fun!




Christmas with Rick's family was at his parents' house. It was so much fun watching all the kids play together (there are a lot of kids on his side!). Everybody was excited to meet Harrison there, too! I wish I had gotten more pictures. :(

Annual Group Picture


Aunt Ashley & Joel

I didn't get to see my dad's side of the family or my friends up in Oklahoma this year, which was a bummer. We are planning a trip up there in a few months though, and we are looking forward to seeing everybody up there!

It was a GREAT Christmas, but we are kind of looking forward to the season's end. That way we can focus on our sweet little baby boy without all of the busyness and chaos that exists this time of year. Although we are afraid to take down the tree because Harrison is IN LOVE with the twinkling lights and it helps him go to sleep at night! Might just have to leave the sucker up all year long. Ha!

Comments

Popular Posts