Now all we need is a baby...

The nursery is finally ready for the baby. I didn't really want a theme-ish room, and wanted something transitional for when Harrison graduates to a bed. This is what I ended up with:



The main inspiration came from a sock monkey, which was the first gift we bought the baby when we found out that I was pregnant. There are also other vintage touches in the room, which I think work great in a little boy's room. I'm not crafty at all, but really wanted to take on some projects in his room. I made the canvases over his bed, along with a few picture frames. The leather photo board was my anniversary gift (year 3 is leather) from Rick - he made it especially for the baby's room. How sweet is that!



My mom painted this bookcase that we originally had in our office. Then we lined the back with sock monkey fabric for a finishing touch. My mom kept all of my children's books for me and I took them out of the boxes and put them out for Harrison. Tons of Dr. Suess - gotta love him!



We found this dresser at an import store nearby. It holds all of the diaper supplies, blankets, bibs, etc. nicely. And when he doesn't need it for a changing table any more, it will look great in my entry...



Perfect Bible verse to go over his closet.



I made this shelf for him as well.

All in all, I am really pleased with how it turned out! Thanks to Mom for painting the walls and bookcase, and to all of our great family and friends who helped fill his room with much needed goodies! Harrison is going to love his room. Or at least he better. ;)

Comments

Popular Posts