I (still) Do

Three years ago today I was in the beautiful tropics marrying my best friend. Nine years ago today I had my first date with him. If you call a party at his bachelor pad shared with 3 other disgusting boys a date. Which I will, because as unromantic as it is that we did not really go on a single date until well into our relationship, it's our story and I wouldn't change a thing.

Rambling. Yes, I know. I do have a point.

Nine years ago I never imagined we would be at this point in our lives. Married and about to welcome a child into this crazy world. Part of me still feels like that 17 year old girl again and typing that last sentence scares the poop out of me! Little did I know that the fun and carefree relationship we started as teenagers (well,
I was a teenager, ahem) would blossom into this fascinating journey that we are on today. My heart still overflows with love for the charming boy he was when we met and the respectable man he has become over the years.

I love you, Rick. And here are just 100 reasons why.

1. I love you because you always make me laugh.

2. I love you because you secretly like to watch HGTV but don't want to admit it.

3. I love you because you have crazy hair that never stays in place.

4. I love you because you are the father of our soon-to-be child.

5. I love you because you are a huge Astros fan!

6. I love you because you tell me I am your favorite person in the world and I know you mean it.

7. I love you because you are….ahem, quite talented.

8. I love you because you always get down on the floor and play with the dogs.

9. I love you because you nicknamed your car Exploder.

10. I love you because you would do anything for me.

11. I love you because you have mad dancing skills!

12. I love you because you are very slow to anger.

13. I love you because you brought sexy back!

14. I love you because you are tenderhearted.

15. I love you because you take such good care of me!

16. I love you because you have a weakness for sugary cereal.

17. I love you because it was your idea to write our own vows.

18. I love you because you never complain about me.

19. I love you because you are the popper of my toes.

20. I love you because you always feel the need to carry a pen on your shirt.

21. I love you because you send me sweet text messages.

22. I love you because you'll watch chick flicks with me.

23. I love you because you love God.

24. I love you because you take on Kooter's litter box.

25. I love you because you are the best friend anybody could have.

26. I love you because after all these years your kiss still knocks me off my feet.

27. I love you because you have a strong hatred for yellow vehicles.

28. I love you because you are very patient.

29. I love you because you won't hunt because you know it makes me sad.

30. I love you because you'll do a jig when you're being poopy.

31. I love you because you always wash my car for me.

32. I love you because you make me a better person.

33. I love you because when I look into your eyes I see the rest of my life.

34. I love you because you always bring me my phone and a glass of water every night.

35. I love you because you are beautiful both inside and out.

36. I love you because you are an optimist.

37. I love you because you once offered me an apology in the form of a karaoke song.

38. I love you because you are incredibly smart.

39. I love you because your spaghetti is always unpredictable.

40. I love you because you are a big-dog person.

41. I love you because you are a cat person, even if you are still in the closet.

42. I love you because you are married to a left-handed genius.

43. I love you because you never hesitate to sacrifice for our family.

44. I love you because it makes you jealous to think I had boyfriends before you - even in grade school.

45. I love you because you somehow tolerate all of my crazy hormonal breakdowns.

46. I love you because you wear a Kelsey ring on your right hand.

47. I love you because you serve others at church.

48. I love you because you are a reformed country boy, but still humble to your roots.

49. I love you because you let my cousin paint your toenails.

50. I love you because you have grown into a charming man whom I absolutely adore.

51. I love you because you have a strange obsession with Sam's Club.

52. I love you because you don't care what other people think about you.

53. I love you because you are a huge Kenny Chesney fan even though sometimes you pretend like you aren't.

54. I love you because you pump gas for me.

55. I love you because you don't care about keeping up with the Joneses.

56. I love you because you are a momma's boy.

57. I love you because you accept me for who I am.

58. I love you because you have counted every freckle on my body.

59. I love you because you wear your pajama pants like Urkel and it's hilarious!

60. I love you because you are H.C.O.G. and like to come up with silly abbreviations.

61. I love you because you have this strange obsession with mounting stuff to the walls and ceiling.

62. I love you because you make ghetto grilled cheese.

63. I love you because early in our relationship you gave up alcohol for an entire month, just to ease my irrational insecurities (No matter how much you got teased by friends).
64. I love you because you think you have great navigation skills but really don't.

65. I love you because you are going to be an amazing daddy!

66. I love you because every greeting card you buy has some sort of cartoon dog on it.

67. I love you because you improved your grammar and pronunciation just for me!

68. I love you because you think dolphins are dangerous killers.

69. I love you because sometimes you know me better than I know me.

70. I love you because you always offer to scratch my back.

71. I love you because you never minded when our house was a revolving door of roommates.

72. I love you because you don't criticize my passion for feeding strays or rescuing mice.

73. I love you because you agreed to take dance lessons with me.

74. I love you because you think every drawer is a junk drawer.

75. I love you because you are extremely outgoing.

76. I love you because you support me in anything I choose to do.

77. I love you because you always know just when I need a card to cheer me up.

78. I love you because the touch of your hand can still give me chills.

79. I love you because you are such a giant goofball!

80. I love you because you refuse to admit that you like cream cheese.

81. I love you because you are competitive when you play sports, but not enough to be a jerk.

82. I love you because you are an awesome Guitar Hero bandmate!

83. I love you because even if we are out of something, you offer to go to the store right on the spot.

84. I love you because you have a weird phobia of chewed gum.

85. I love you because you were voted Class Clown at your high school reunion.

86. I love you because you are willing to eat rancid sour cream if the stakes are high enough.

87. I love you because you are shy about pooping, but won't hesitate to rip a loud one while out in public.

88. I love you because you privately jam out to Kelly Clarkson and Britney Spears.

89. I love you because you nicknamed yourself Suzanne Whang.

90. I love you because you are carefree.

91. I love you because you take the long way to work to avoid paying tolls.

92. I love you because you have a crush on Chuck Norris.

93. I love you because after a long and awful day, I walk through the door and you make it instantly better.

94. I love you because you know every word to "Ice Ice Baby" and you're not afraid to sing it.

95. I love you because you always take out the trash.

96. I love you because you counted how many days we dated before we got engaged.

97. I love you because you were so nervous that you slid the engagement ring on the wrong finger.

98. I love you because you cried at our wedding.

99. I love you because we've made a fabulous life together and I can't wait to see the rest unfold.

100. I love you because I choose to love you.



Here's to many, many more years of wedded bliss.

In case I haven't told you lately, I love you!

Kirby

Comments

Popular Posts