I Just Got Kicked When I Was Already Down

But in a FABULOUS way! This afternoon I felt the first flutters of this little being taking up residence in my uterus. It felt like little thumps, like kernels of popcorn popping in the microwave. And it was exactly what I needed to lift my spirits and remind me that all of this misery is paying off!

Today has been especially rough. I would spare you the details in an attempt to avoid sharing too much information, but I feel like throwing myself a pity party venting so you all are out of luck. I woke up this morning and barely made it to the toilet before all of the contents of my stomach made their morning debut. Mid-heave, I thought to myself, "there's no way this could get worse." Well, big mistake. When will I learn to shut up, even in my own head? As I was half-way through a routine episode of violent vomiting, the festivities got a little too wild for my bladder. That's right, people, I peed my pants. Well, panties. Soaked right through them and left a nice puddle on the tile. Never did I ever think that just one toilet would not be good enough for me. Let's just say I'm glad it happened while I was still at home...

Fast forward through the commute to work where 2 barf bags were filled, several trips to the public restroom at work (where I'm sure the people in the stalls next to me think I have some sort of eating disorder), followed by a lunch break nap on the floor under my desk, and my spirits were BEAT DOWN. I climbed back into my desk chair, stared at the computer screen trying to get motivated/avoid passing out, and my little peanut sent me some encouragement when I needed it most. Although I never imagined being this sick past the first trimester (I'm in week 16, people. WEEK 16!!!!), it was a nice reminder to keep my eye on the prize and remember that I will soon be rewarded for all of this misery. Even if *gulp* I am sick all 40 weeks of this dang pregnancy, the teeny tiny person making these little flutters in my belly is totally worth it. Or at least he/she better be. ;)

Comments

Popular Posts