A New Chapter...

Let's face it, journaling has never been one of my strong points. I'm the person who reads books about scrapbooking, but is far too overwhelmed by the idea to even know where to start. I've gone to Hobby Lobby countless times over the last several years fully committed to the nice idea of preserving our precious memories in the form of a chic and artistic album, always fascinated by the isles of pretty paper, stamps, and plethra of other scrapbooking supplies. However, my perfectionism and lack of creativity (how is that for a cruel mix of characteristics) always keep me right at square one. I've also tried the simpler route - just jotting down my thoughts and memories into a pretty notebook. I have several journals that I've attempted to keep up with only to be discouraged simply because I am unhappy with my own handwriting or displeased with my writing style! I am really my own worst enemy sometimes. The thought of starting my own blog never really appealed to me - don't get me wrong, I love reading (or lurking, as some would call it) others' blogs, but I just never felt like I had anything interesting to write about or contribute. Plus, don't get me started on all of the bloggy decisions to be made! There is a lot of pressure in choosing the right name and layout, and not to mention the learning curve that would be required to bring me up to speed with the cultured bloggers...once again, Kelsey, meet Square One. I think you guys may know each other.

Well, folks, all of that changes today. Today is a very special day for Rick and me. Today is the day we have been longing for and praying about for some time now. Today marks a new chapter in our lives that will harvest a lifetime of memories that I am very inspired and motivated to record. Today, one little positive test changes the rest of our lives, and we have never, ever been happier!

Comments

Popular Posts