12 Months

I just realized I never posted Hadley's final monthly post. It was already finished, but still sitting in my drafts. So I'm posting it now and you can just pretend we are back in time 4 months ago. So much has already changed since I wrote this. 😭


Well, we made it. Our final monthly post! It has been a lot more challenging this time around to keep up but I'm so glad I did. I've already forgotten so much of the first few months and I love that I can look back on here and have a snapshot of our firecracker at each milestone.

***

Hadley turned 12 months on November 3.



She weighed 23 lbs., 2 oz. and was 29 inches tall.

She wears size 18 and 24 month clothes, size 4 shoes, and size 4 diapers.

So, Hadley, what have you been up to this month?

You took your first steps 3 days after you turned 11 months and by the end of the month you were getting braver and walking 5 or 6 steps by yourself. At 12 months you still mostly crawl but will stand up and take a few steps in between. You also love to walk back and forth between people and give them huge hugs and smiles.




You are weaned down to just 2 nursing sessions a day. One in the morning and one in the evening. You were NOT happy about giving up the extras (especially in the middle of the night) and you still refuse to drink cow's milk in any shape or form. I've tried it cold, hot, chocolate, blended with banana, 1%, 2%, whole, you name it. You spit it out and refuse to take any more drinks. Sigh. But you love water and the occasional sippy cup of juice and you are a pretty big eater (including yogurt and cheese), so I am working on getting you all the way weaned. Momma has loved the bonding time with you but I am ready to have my body back (and hopefully better sleep for both of us!!).




You can definitely throw down on some food. I have no idea where you get that from - ha. You love spaghetti, cheese, carrots, taco soup, peaches, bananas, and a ton more. But you are also finicky at times and if you are overly tired, you get mad and chunk all your food on the floor.



Sleep? Ha. Haha. Ha. Ha. You had us fooled, little lady. You were the easiest infant until around 4 or 5 months when you got mobile. You used to sleep GREAT and I would even have to wake you up to feed you so my boobs wouldn't explode. And then, just like that, you decided you were over sleep. Your big sibs weren't (aren't) great sleepers either but you take the cake. You fall asleep pretty easily at night but you just don't stay asleep. You nap for 20 or 30 minutes tops and you have been cutting your naps down to just once a day the last couple of weeks. I'm terrible at the cry-it-out method but we tried it last week. It was a train wreck. You screamed and cried until you were gagging and finally after TWO HOURS I gave in. You just want to snuggle and stop crying immediately when I pick you up. But I am so so so tired. And so are you. I need you to figure this whole thing out soon, baby girl.

Which also brings us to your first ER visit. Yikes. You climbed over me in the middle of the night and fell on your face on our hardwood floors. It was awful. I still feel sick to my stomach just thinking about the sound of it. I finally got you calmed down and everything seemed like it was ok and then you threw up everywhere. So I packed you up and took you in to make sure you didn't have a concussion. Thankfully you were fine, but it left a huge shiner for a couple of weeks. Nothing like ringing in your 1st birthday with a black eye...







And speaking of eyes, you also had your first case of pink eye. All 3 of you passed that around along with double ear infections for everybody, too. That's how we roll in this family, apparently.

is there something in my eye?

What else? At 12 months, you have 6 teeth. Anytime my phone rings your face lights up and you say "dadadadada!!" You like to wipe everything down and you also like to pretend to blow your nose. You love to unfold laundry and laugh about it. You like to get into things you know you're not supposed to and laugh about it. You have already figured out how to open doors and also how to get past the child locks on the kitchen and bathroom cabinets. You are full of expression and smile with your whole entire face -- I love the way you crinkle your nose. You are our sunshine girl and we have had such an amazing 12 months with you so far.















We love you BIG, baby girl. Happy 1st birthday!





Comments

Popular Posts