Meet Griffin

Hello, 2017! Along with getting organized, eating better, and exercising (how original, I know), I am also resolving to dedicate more time to this neglected blog. I need it to become a habit again to sit down at the computer for 15 minutes or else it's just never going to happen.

I have so much to catch up on but to begin with, we have added a new member to our family!

Meet Griffin Theodore Boyd:





He is a goldendoodle and we are all smitten! We were planning to wait until after we sell our house and move into our new one before we adopt any pets again, but the kids have been commenting about how much they missed our trio pretty much every day. And by kids, I also mean Rick. ;) And then Harper came home from school last month bawling and when she finally calmed down enough to tell me what was wrong she informed me that they had watched a video in class that had a fluffy dog in it that reminded her of Sadie and it "made her heart hurt really really really bad."

And that right there sure makes all the reasons not to get a puppy right now seem pretty insignificant.



Seeing the shock and excitement on their faces and they way they went on and on about how this was their FAVORITE CHRISTMAS EVER!!!! will be a memory I will treasure all my days.

Harper: "I love him SO much! He's the best present I've ever gotten since I've been born! You can take back all my other gifts under the tree and I'll still be so happy!"

Harrison: "I love him so much that it's actually TOO much. Like, I feel so connected to him that it makes me sad to even think about leaving him for 5 minutes. He's my favorite member of our family!"






I will say that it's a good thing he's so incredibly adorable. Because it's been a lonnnng time since I've gone through the puppy phase, and let's just say that I feel like instead of one toddler terrorizing the house and sucking up all my time and energy, I now have two of them! I am positive that they are in cahoots with one another. Just when I didn't think I could say "no" and "get away from that" and "come back in here" and "don't put that in your mouth" any more than I already do, I now say these things twice as much. I also spend far too much time taking chew toys out of Hadley's mouth and rescuing baby toys from Griffin's mouth (especially her beloved pacis...he loves to swipe them from her). And then there's trying to wrangle the dog into his kennel and keeping the baby out of it. Those two. Did I mention it's a good thing they are so darn precious?






The kids made him a stocking and are always leaving him little notes. He sure is one loved puppy dog. Welcome home, Griffin!



Comments

Popular Posts