House Hunters

Rick has always joked that he wanted to sign us up to be on House Hunters so he could find endless ways to embarrass me on national tv. I'm pretty sure he would pay big money for the opportunity to sneak in an ass grab while we were being filmed walking up the stairs. Luckily for me though, we have been house hunting without a camera crew...and officially signed a contract on Sunday for a new construction home one neighborhood over from us! I'm both really excited and a little nervous. We've never sold a home before and I'm a little anxious about the timing of it all. There's a chance we will have to move twice. And there's always the risk of delay or something going wrong in the construction process that would cause us to change our mind. But I'm trying not to think about all of the negatives and instead be thankful for some more space!

I love our home and it will always hold a special place in my heart. It's the first house we bought together as newlyweds. All three of our babies were brought home there from the hospital. It's where we fostered 3 bonus kids. But we are starting to outgrow it. And with a baby who still doesn't sleep through the night sharing a room with her big sister, a 4th bedroom is in HIGH demand. This mama needs some sleep again. We also would like to keep an open heart for fostering and/or adopting and having another bedroom would make that so much more easier. 

The good news is, ground hasn't even been broken and it's not scheduled to be completed until April or May. So that gives us more time to get our house ready to be listed and to also enjoy the holidays before putting it on the market. There are so many things I'm going to miss about our home, but I'm also excited about planning out our new one and picking out all of the finishes and details. I'm not naive to think that it will be a stress-free experience, but hopefully in the end we will have a new home to grow our family and make fun new memories in. 

I'll post pics once it gets started!

Comments

Popular Posts