4 Months

Hadley is 4 months old!



At her 4-month checkup, she weighed 14 lbs, 9 oz. and was 24 1/2 inches long (75th percentile for both).

She is wearing 3-6 month & 6-9 month clothes and a size 2 diaper.


So, Hadley, what have you been up to this month?

Last month I was right when I said you'd be rolling over any day. 2 days after you turned 3 months old you officially got all the way over! You were very proud of yourself, and I have to say, so was I. You may be baby number 3 but your milestones are still just as exciting to your momma. You have rolled over both ways, but you are still trying to figure out getting from your tummy to your back. Most of the time you flip over onto your tummy and then get frustrated after a few minutes. I roll you back over, and immediately you flip back onto your tummy. You don't like to hang out on your back any more and scoot yourself all around in circles. You remind me so much of your brother as a baby...so ready to be on the go.




You are constantly sticking out your tongue. You love it. One of your favorite things to do is mimic others. Your brother and sister make you laugh so hard when they make silly faces at you and you make silly faces right back at them. Most of the time these days you are flashing huge smiles but you also still sport your "intense" expressions from time to time. :)


he loves to make you laugh

don't eff with this one, clearly. LOL



Your reflux is so awful. I think you may actually take the trophy out of all three kids. After feeds, we don't even mess with burp cloths or even receiving blankets anymore. We keep it classy and burp you over the sink or outside of the car if we are on the go. It's a lot. I actually measured it for a while because I was worried you weren't keeping enough down. You average 2 oz. of projectile spit up immediately after each feeding, and then you continue to spit up for about 2 hours afterward. We double-bib you and you still go through several outfits a day. But thankfully, it doesn't bother you at all! You reek most of the time, but are happy as a lark :) Your doctor was concerned about the amount at first, but since you are still packing on the pounds and aren't in any pain, he classified you as a "happy spitter." That title gets you 2 or 3 baths a day but I'm thankful we don't have to put you on any meds.





We are still exclusively nursing. For a while I was worried you weren't getting enough milk since a lot of it doesn't stay down. And you only nurse for 5-10 minutes tops. But I guess you are just efficient and guzzle it down fast because you have stayed in the 75th percentile and always seem content. You don't like to use the nursing cover and are a distracted eater, so that has made nursing on the go a little interesting. With 3 kids I can't always duck into a bathroom to nurse so there have been times I've been a little uncomfortable out in public, but at least it doesn't take you long. You did have your first bottle this month and had no issue at all, so I could always go that route. I just hate pumping! You are starting to show a little interest in food and your doctor gave us the green light to introduce solids, but I'm trying to put it off for as long as you'll let me.






You have had a little sleep regression. You are now waking up once or twice at night. I think partly due to a growth spurt and partly because you are uncomfortable in your rock-n-play. You love sleeping with me and I've been bad about pulling you into bed when you get fussy and getting in some sweet baby snuggles for the rest of the night. You are still in the in-between stage of needing to be in your crib since you are fast outgrowing your rock-n-play, but still too young for my comfort to have you across the house. Naps have also gotten tricky this month since you aren't on a schedule. You used to just snooze away in your carrier, but not so much anymore. I'm not sure how this is going to play out as you get older. Harrison's school doesn't have buses, so I have no choice but to pack you up to pick him up every afternoon which is always a fun hour-long process. The white noise app on our phones is still very much a priceless resource.

you always sleep with just your right arm up like this :)

Your dad put his phone in the bottom of your car seat (white noise) and when we got home you were hugging it :)

What else? You chew on your hands and toys constantly and act like you're teething, but I still don't feel any coming through. You love nomming on your Sophie giraffe. You started sucking your thumb and I'm hoping that habit doesn't stick. You are really starting to get interested in toys and reaching for things nearby. You found your feet this month. You think it's the funniest thing ever to see your reflection. Our routine is to burp you over the bathroom sink so you can laugh and talk to yourself in the mirror. It makes me laugh, too. You are a silly girl.






Hadley...you really are just the best. There is nothing like having a sweet baby around the house. It's impossible to keep this goofy smile off of my face for long. You make my days so bright! I am beyond grateful to God for lending you to us.












Comments

Popular Posts