28 Weeks

Well, I'm officially in my third trimester! I got an email telling me I've now been pregnant for 200 days. 200 days of nausea and vomiting and other really unsexy things. I consider that quite an accomplishment! I only have about 2 1/2 more months to go.

I started feeling a lot better around 24 weeks. I graduated from food poisoning status to more of a hangover status. Which is what I guess to be what normal morning sickness is. I don't ever feel really good but I am functioning and getting out of the house and I EVEN COOKED DINNER ONCE!!! It was a crockpot meal, but I cooked it! I gagged when I touched the meat, but I cooked it! And I have begun nesting, which is fabulous because when I was in the throes of severe hyperemesis I did not care one tiny bit if this baby was born with not a single thing prepared for her.  It feels so good to finally be able to find joy in the planning and preparation for this sweet girl.

The last week or two I've regressed some though. I even lost a couple of pounds since my last doctor visit. I don't know if it's just HG being stubborn and trying to keep me down, or if I've been pushing myself too hard when I finally started feeling somewhat human again, or the fact that it's 110 degrees outside, or maybe a combination of all of the above. I told Rick last night that I don't even remember what it feels like to be my normal, healthy self. I sure do miss her! I had the same feeling when I was pregnant with Harrison. And I remember so distinctly how quickly it all went away when he was born. The moment I pushed him out and they placed him on my chest, I immediately felt like my old self again. Not one ounce of nausea left. It was the craziest thing. And I cannot wait for that feeling again this time. Don't get me wrong, this baby girl is worth every minute of this misery, but man I'm ready to feel good again!

 

My appointment this week was the super fun glucose test. Gotta love fasting and then having to chug that nasty drink and willing yourself to not throw it back up. And since I'm RH negative I also got my rhogam shot in the butt so it made it even more fun :) My belly is measuring on track and my next appointment I'll have an ultrasound to check her position and growth. And then it's getting close to decision time on whether I'm going to have a VBAC or a planned c-section. I am still going back and forth on that and have a lot of praying to do about it before I decide. I know a lot of women feel empowered by making these types of decisions for themselves but I kind of wish I didn't have to be the one to choose. I'm feeling a little anxious about it all and reading the consent form with all the risks associated to both methods definitely did NOT help!


27w5d belly shot

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 28 weeks

Size of baby: 14.8 inches long and 2 1/4 lbs.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 19 lbs.

Maternity Clothes: This is kind of a sore subject today. I actually had to go out and buy more maternity clothes because I have outgrown the majority of the ones I already have. Rick literally had to pry my jeans off me last night because I couldn't get them off by myself. It was a sexy moment, for sure. Outgrowing elastic waist maternity jeans is not good for the ego, let me tell ya. Ha! But in reality, I can laugh about it. I have always been really skinny (and insecure about it) and struggled gaining weight on my hips and butt, so it's actually kind of nice to finally have a little junk back there :)

Gender: A girl. And I think we've finally decided on a name! I'll share soon in another post.

Movement: I'm kind of hoping her movement is not an indication of how she's going to be outside of the womb, because Baby Girl is nuts in there! I was sitting at Karate and some strangers sitting next to me noticed my belly bouncing around. Her kicks and somersaults are eye catching. I need to take a video of it. 

Sleep: Pretty good! Waking up a few times to pee but haven't had any issues falling back asleep right away.

What I miss: Not feeling like crap every day!

Cravings: I haven't had too many cravings this pregnancy. Ice cream is still what always sounds so good, but always makes me feel terrible so I'm finally learning to just say no.

Symptoms: Nausea/vomiting, pelvis pain (but SOOO much better since going to the chiropractor regularly), chloasma on my face, and just in the last week I've started getting really bad heartburn.

Best Moment this week: Realizing I'm in the third trimester! Boo yeah! 

Comments

Popular Posts