Showers, Showers, Everywhere!

Can I just say that Rick and I are blessed with amazing friends and family?! We were given three baby showers over the course of last week and little H and his parents were spoiled beyond belief! And with all this baby gear our home is acquiring, it's becoming more and more real to us that there will in fact be a baby (*gasp!*) making his debut right around the corner. Until then, Rick is having a blast "breaking in" all of Harrison's toys. Or at least that's his excuse for playing with everything (never mind the big goofy grin on his face). It's like a five-year-old's first trip to Toys R Us around this place lately!

Shower #1:

The first shower was hosted by my cousin Michelle and best friends Ashley, Katie, and Tienna. Tienna and her mom drove down all the way from Oklahoma! The shower was at La Brisa, a yummy Mexican restaurant, and was co-ed. It was so much fun seeing everybody and meeting some of Rick's coworkers. I just wish I would have had more time to socialize with everyone!



The mom and dad-to-be



My mom and cousin Michelle



Ashley & Katie



Sandra, Tienna, Michelle, Mom, and Joel-Joel



The festivities



Look at all of Harrison's stuff! And the beautiful diaper cake (courtesy of Michelle) and cupcake tree (courtesy of Katie)!



Shower #2:

My office threw us a shower at Guadalajara and presented us with a $250 Visa gift card! Thanks guys! (Wish I had pictures but I didn't have my camera with me)


Shower #3:

The last shower was given by Rick's mom, aunt, SIL, and our best friend Ashley (again!). Everyone had such a good time; the girls hung out inside and talked about all things baby while the guys were outside doing "manly" things, like BBQing and shooting things.

Aunt Laura, Ashley, me, Mary, Tracye


The Boys


The ADORABLE cake my SIL Tracye made. She's crazy-talented!!!


What a fabulous week we've had! Did I mention how much we love all of these people?!?! We really had no idea how many things a baby needs or how much these things cost. There's quite a lot about babies we have no idea about. But that's a post for another day.

A BIG GIANT THANKS to everybody for showing us such love. We love you, too!

Comments

Popular Posts